Web Comics

For this week, although I already wrote about Ava’s demon on this blog, I will write about it again. This week’s topic is “web comics”, and I think Ava’s demos is the perfect piece of work to talk about. Specially since its constantly updating.  Ava’s in one of the web comics with the best artwork out there I think. All of the panels are completely rendered, this makes it beautiful to look at. It also does not follow a regular web comic format. The panels are individual images, so thing like “the gutter” are completely absent.
I think one of the downsides from web comics is that you don’t get a scheduled update. It all depends on the author’s personal life and weather or not they have enough time to draw anything. Overall I still think Ava’s is a great read, this medium allowed to become well known by its own, which is exactly what makes web comics such a popular medium now days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Comic Strip

“Understanding Comics” by Scott McCloud

Thoughts on: The Arrival